Charles Sturt is living green.
Are you thinking about getting a rainwater tank? Please read our information brochure below:
Rainwater Tanks (1120 kb)
Do I need Council approval?
No assessment or approval is required if the tank:
- is part of a roof drainage system; AND
- the tank has a total floor area not exceeding 10 m2 in area; AND
- the tank is wholly above ground; AND
- no part of the tank is higher than 4 metres above the natural surface of the ground.
Exceptions where approval is required:
- State heritage places or areas;
- Local heritage places.
Building a new home or extending?
You may be required to include a rainwater tank with your development.
D34. Stormwater Management Plan (170 kb)